Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 5: Onward to Edinburgh!

We did some shopping today, before we left Inverness. I found an H&M! Though all I bought there was a pair of sunglasses for £3. But then we went into a store called Primark, and we all found a bunch of cute stuff for really good prices! I (of course) bought a dress. I can't wait to wear it! Here are a few last looks at Inverness before we left.

 On our way through a small town (Kingussie), we stopped at Pam's Coffee Shop for lunch. It was cute! I had one of their more popular toasted sandwiches- bacon and banana. Though bacon here is more like ham- it's not crispy like we make it. This is the minty mocha I had here. Mmmm...



We sat next to an ambulance driver, and talked to him for a while. I loooove the accents here, especially in the highlands! 
Anyway, we made a slight detour to drive by Blair Castle, but you had to pay to get in, so I just took some photos from the car window. 

Then we made it to Edinburgh in the early evening. This city is BEAUTFUL. I love it so much! Surprisingly (to me at least), the Scottish accents aren't so strong here. I miss the rolling R's and not being able to understand half of what people are saying.
Edinburgh, a couple blocks from our hotel.

It's supposed to be rainy and cooler tomorrow, but I say "it's about time". We've had the best weather so far! The last couple of days have been in the 60's, and sunny. The only day we've been rained on was the day we got locked in the castle grounds. We were dripping wet!! My poor camera...

Ok, well, off to bed! We explore 2 castles tomorrow, and I'm crossing my fingers for good weather.

G'Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment