Monday, July 9, 2018

Costa Rica Day 3

I can't believe what I did today.

I went waterfall rappelling with Laenea, Ken and some new friends! If you don't know, I'm terrified of heights and have the tendency to panic, even when I'm just on a ladder let alone a cliff. But we did a tour today that involved us climbing into one of these giant trucks to get up a mountain.

Monster truck!
The view was so pretty
We then rappelled down 4 super scary but really really pretty waterfalls. Unfortunately, I had to leave my cameras in the truck, since, you know, water... But I should be getting the files for the pics that the tour company took soon.

The first waterfall was terrifying, but the worst part was just putting my feet on the edge and then being pulled off the ledge. The second one was the SCARIEST thing I've ever done. You kind of zip lined for a few feet, and then all of a sudden....
YOU DROP CRAZY FAR and fast into a pool
of water at the bottom. I was almost in tears by that point, and half-hyperventilating, but the guides were really encouraging, and they move you along so quick that I didn't really have time to process how scared I was and actually cry about it. So, I made it! I'm super proud of myself for participating, but I'm not sure I'll ever do it again...

After that, we all got cleaned up and in dry clothes, and toured the gardens that were on our hotel grounds. Here's a frog Doris helped us find!


We stayed at the Los Lagos Hotel in La Fortuna last night, and it was really nice! Everything here is so pretty. Here's a photo of the 3 of us travelers, soon after we checked out of our hotel to go back to Nuevo Arenal. Doris got a call to come rescue some 3-week-old puppies that were abandoned and needed some medical care, so we scooted right over to pick them up after this picture. The puppies will be well cared for by the Homeless and Helpless Animal Rescue.

Me, Laenea and my Mom












I think that's about all I can fit in to tell you about today! I'm currently curled up in bed listening to a very loud rain storm in our home-away-from-home for the next few nights, back in Nuevo Arenal. See the view we had tonight during a gorgeous purple sunset?

Adios for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment